Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Restructure my @ss

The title of today's blog relates to what almost came out of my mouth when speaking to my boss. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

So, if you haven't guessed already, we're going through a little restructuring. Not pleasant, but could be so much easier if properly communicated.

Guess that is where my "leaders" are lacking. In recent months I've daydreamed about my old life... when I worked at an agency and not an in-house shop. Stress was there, don't get me wrong. You worried about forecasting and bringing in a certain amout of $ each month and logging your hours to the quarter hour. BUT.... there were perks.

As I do every morning, I read ADAGE and laughed my butt off reading this article on advertising agencies and their fancy for adult beverages in the office. HA! When I was a youngin' I couldn't believe it when I heard folk-lore about kegs in the office... but then I entered the real world of MAD MEN and were introduced to 4pm happy hours. And, btw, back to work!... Buzzed!!

I reserve my reserve for home these days...and tonight with vino in hand I am counting down the minutes until the weekend. Sh&t..it's only Tuesday! Doesn't bode well for the rest of my week.

Cheers...

2 comments:

Auntie Pockets said...

Dammit...I miss the "old days" too...when people who worked together at an agency were FUN and not caught up with personal agendas...and no one cared who you went to lunch with even if they weren't invited....If I close my eyes real hard I can almost see myself racing Pasha on a razor skooter just before I slammed in to a full trash can....ahhh...takes me way back....hang in there and pray to Dionysis...

Eileen said...

OMG the scooter... It should have been bronzed.