Monday, September 28, 2009

Social(ly awkward) Networking

Still getting the hang of Twitter, week one. I jumped on the bandwagon only after a family member said I posted too frequently to my Facebook page. I'm sorry Andy, but if my posts were the majority of your FB feeds, then you know what? You need more friends. And the friends you have are BORING.

Too give Andy a break, I think he befriended me on a day I was complaining about a bad hair day. Next time, my dog had just stolen garlic bread off the table and we were eagerly waiting to find out where she would puke. Ok, not my finest FB moments. (and he let me know it).

But, as I strive to be witty on my posts I don't always get there. I think that's why I like Twitter. You don't get much back from the Universe, its just out there. Yes, I had pumpkin pie at 9:40am this morning. If I had posted that to FB, my mom would have been ON me. But thankfully she can only handle one social networking site - and to be honest, she still doesn't have a picture up, so she's not that far along on "spacebook" (as my father in law calls it).

A few of the new people I'm choosing to follow on Twitter:
Bob Harper- if he were following me, he would have been really pissed about the pie.
Oprah- you can tell she doesn't really want to be Tweeting, but I can't ever get enough from her.
Ashton Kutcher- don't know what he's saying half the time, but he's entertaining for now.
Ellen- when IDOL kicks off, I'm sure her posts will be FUN
you? Befriend me: MamaSleeveShirt

See you in the Twitterverse!

No comments: