Wednesday, September 30, 2009

DayCare for Dummies

Seems to me that if you are going to grow up to become the Director of a Daycare there are a few prerequisite courses you should ace before being assigned a license to operate:

1) Email 101: Returning parents emails, not just the first one where they express interest and you see dollar signs.

2) Greetings 202: Smiling goes a long way when you are sitting behind your desk watching parents go in and out of your daycare to drop off/pick up your kids.  Drop the blackberry and give me a little wave.

3) Greetings 203: Introduction to Small Talk.  I get it. You see hundreds of parents a day. But if I'm a parent and I'm new to the center, it's the least that you could do to try to get to know me a little better before you cash  my CHECK each week.

Right now it's sad that the only thing keeping me here is that we're there part time, 2 half days a week and Natalie is getting a lot out of it.  If we bump up to FT or more days, I may bolt.

No comments: