Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Stringbean

Really looking forward to this weekend. Heading to Charlotte, the Queen City of North Carolina for a bday celebration for my brother and sister-in-law. They both turn 30 this month...Woo-hoo!!!


As much as I cannot wait to put work behind me and hop in the car, the weekend is going to be a strange one. My father is bringing.... his lady friend.


It was inevitable. They've been dating for probably a year. We've successfully avoided any meeting in previous trips to NY, although last trip I really thought he was going to spring her on us.


My cousins have nicknames for the "other" partners in their now-divorced parents lives. Can't really beat "String Bean Sharon." She's tall and lanky and really mean when she drinks. String Bean. Love it. When I'm back on Sunday we'll see if I've made one up too.

1 comment:

Auntie Pockets said...

Where to begin...."Welcome to the Club" S&A....I still feel like they're so much younger tho....hmmm... Pops....yeaaaaahhhhhh...lemme know how that one goes (???). Dammit.....how do I score an invite to this one? You know I'm like fam!!!! Have I slipped to the "B" list? Actually.....you know I already have a date with the sun ;p Have a safe trip...take good notes!