Thursday, October 22, 2009

Underminers

What is it with people who want to suck the joy out of your successes and make you feel like you are a three year old who just wrote on the wall with a Sharpie?  I know how that part feels- except it was green crayon, and my brother Steven did it when we were kids, but blamed me. In the end we both got in trouble, and that was before parents chose to speak to their kids instead of paddle them.

I am really trying to get to the root of it. When you announce something really exciting, why do they do the opposite of encourage?  Because...

They fear the unknown.
They don't understand, but can't ask intelligent questions to get to the root of their misunderstanding.
They know not how to be supportive, only to cut you down.
It makes them feel better to put others down.
Secretly, they are freakin' jealous.

Today, I am choosing to surround myself with positive, encouraging, supportive people. The haters can find someone else to hate on.

2 comments:

Amy Grant, Stella Dot, and Yma said...

I'm pumping my fist in the air and yelling, "right on, sister!" Can you see it?

Eileen said...

Thank you girl!