Sunday, July 5, 2009

Are you settled yet?

I think its a question that is raised by people who have not moved in many, many years.

At current post, I have about 30 boxes stacked in my foyer with curtains draped on my dining room table and dust collecting in every corner. (no matter how much I swiffer)

Its been 2 months since we closed on the house, but it is really proving to be an undertaking to get "settled". As the honey-do list grows, the weekend hours seem to dwindle as we participate in fun summer activities. Thankfully, this was a 3 day weekend, so we have tried to maximize every hour with a few trips to Lowe's, one unsuccessful trip to Home Depot (why do we even bother going there at all?) and lots of elbow grease.

Ok, I can't admit to much elbow grease. Over lunch I said to Kevin..'Wow, what a relaxing Sunday...' and he glared at me in his paint covered shirt as he then recounted how bad his back hurt from standing on the ladder to paint. Whoops. I guess I'm a good art director and not such a good laborer.

Should have some new pics to post of our office soon.... Furniture arrives Wednesday and then we can unpack some of the 30 boxes that constitute our "library/office" schtuff....

No comments: